TRAVEL TERMS & CONDITIONS & WAIVER
Quantum Events Limited is the event owner and organiser of Ocean Swim Fiji – May 2024. YOU Travel Takapuna is a New Zealand TANNZ bonded travel agency who manages the sales of all Ocean Swim Fiji event packages and the booking of travel and accommodation.
A non-refundable deposit of NZD $500 per person is to be paid to Quantum Events Ltd to confirm your attendance. Your spot at Ocean Swim Fiji – May 2024 is only secured when you have paid the deposit amount. The deposit amount will be deducted from your package price.
The balance of the package price is due in two instalments. The instalment amounts will be advised by YOU Travel. The payment dates are:
First Instalment: Due 7 days after booking or at a time specified by us to cover the cost of your airline tickets.
Second Instalment: Due 20 January 2024.
The instalment payments must be paid on or before the listed date or time frame above. If the travel booking is made after any instalment date, then the instalment payment(s) will be due immediately.
Full payment is required before travel documents are issued.
Package payments are payable to YOU Travel, the exclusive Travel Agency for Ocean Swim Fiji. Payment can be made to YOU Travel Takapuna by direct credit to the following account:
ANZ Bank, Lake Road, Takapuna, UT TAKAPUNA 06-0273-0209635-02
Please quote your booking number provided and surname with your payment. Package prices are based on payment by cash, EFTPOS or direct credit into our bank account. Credit card payments can be made through your YOU Travel consultant. Credit Card payments will incur an additional convenience fee. Visa / Mastercard – 2%, Amex / Q Card – 3%.
CANCELLATIONS & AMENDMENTS:
Cancellation by You
Due to the costs involved in securing your booking, a cancellation fee will be charged if you choose not to attend Ocean Swim Fiji – May 2024. In addition to any airline cancellation charges, the cancellation fees are:
||Cancellation Fee (per person)
|Before 20 Nov 2023
||NZD $500 and airfares
(if these have been booked and paid)
|Between 30 Nov 2023
and 31 March 2024
|After 1 April 2024
||Full Package Price
Any payments you have made in excess of the cancellation fee will be refunded to you.
Cancellation by Quantum Events
In the unlikely event that Ocean Swim Fiji – May 2024 cannot be held on the advertised dates for reasons outside of organisers control caused by Acts of God, or force majeure such as (but not restricted to) weather or equipment disruptions, acts of government or other authorities, communicable diseases, wars, hostilities, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, pilferage, medical or customs regulations or requirements), the event will be rescheduled and the deposit and any instalment payments will be transferred in full to this rescheduled event. If you choose not to attend the rescheduled event then a NZD $750 cancellation fee will apply, with any excess payments refunded to you.
If you wish to amend any part of your travel booking prior to departure YOU Travel will advise any change in package price. If you accept the amendment any change in package price will be charged or refunded to you.
PASSPORT & VISA REQUIREMENTS:
All travellers require a valid passport. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of departure from Fiji. A copy of the photo and details page of your passport must be provided to YOU Travel prior to the travel documents being issued.
If you are not travelling on a New Zealand passport, please let us know so we can check if a visa is required to enter Fiji. While we can assist, your passport and visa requirements are your responsibility.
TRAVEL INSURANCE – COMPULSORY:
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all attendees at Ocean Swim Fiji – May 2024.
YOU Travel can offer you a Travel Insurance Policy to cover you participating in the Swim Events (plus additional days) that offers protection and peace of mind.
If you reside and are travelling from outside New Zealand, you will need to arrange your own Travel Insurance Policy with a local provider.
Travel insurance must include (at a minimum) cover for cancellations and/or amendments due to unforeseen events, medical costs (including repatriation), ocean swimming events, and lost luggage / money.
We suggest you purchase Travel Insurance when you make your deposit payment to ensure you receive the benefit of the cancellation and curtailment section of the travel insurance. We advise that there is no cover for carrier / operator / supplier or agent default.
All attendees must provide a copy of their travel insurance policy to Quantum Events prior to their departure date.
Your travel arrangements can increase in price for various reasons, including availability, currency exchange variances and Service Provider price fluctuations, until the date of utilisation. If you have paid a deposit, we will contact you to advise you of such increases, and we reserve the right to collect the additional amount from you. No items other than those specifically referred to are included. Extras not specified are to be paid for directly by you to the supplier.
YOU TRAVEL – SERVICE & OBLIGATIONS TO YOU:
We will endeavour to secure your booking and provide you with documentation for the services detailed, subject to the following:
- We are agents and not the providers of the services and products supplied by airlines, tour operators, hoteliers, car rental providers and other services – “Service Providers”. All contractual arrangements for such services are supplied by us strictly as agents for and on behalf of the Service Providers and all documentation is issued by us subject to our terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Service Provider(s).
- What we supply to you is the arrangement and coordination of your travel and ancillary services, the making of bookings and issuing/supplying of tickets and vouchers to be redeemed by Service Providers. We will exercise all reasonable care and skill in carrying out the above services and in the selection of Service Providers.
- We acknowledge that we are bound by the statutory guarantees under the New Zealand Consumers Guarantees Act 1993 where applicable.
- When issued by each Service Provider, such Service Provider’s documentation and contract shall, unless inconsistent with the law of New Zealand, constitute the sole agreement relevant to the supply of the service or product and shall be governed by the terms and conditions of that Service Provider subject to the applicable law in the country in which it is supplied.
- We have no control over the products or services provided by Service Providers or the manner in which they are provided. We will nevertheless endeavour to ensure that they are suitable to meet the requirements you have made known to us.
- We cannot accept liability for loss of any kind which arises from any act, omission, or default on the part of Service Providers. Neither can we accept responsibility for loss caused by Acts of God or force majeure such as (but not restricted to) weather or equipment disruptions, acts of government or other authorities, communicable diseases, wars, hostilities, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, pilferage, medical or customs regulations or requirements.
- Travel is an individual experience and opinions and preferences differ from person to person. Individual satisfaction can be affected by many circumstances beyond our control (e.g. the weather) and we cannot be responsible if any aspect of your trip does not meet your expectations.
- We will take reasonable care and skill in selecting suppliers to ensure your safety and enjoyment but any adventure activity has some measure of risk and therefore all bookings are made on the condition that you will accept those risks and acknowledge that neither we nor any of our officers, employees, agents, subcontractors nor your fellow passengers shall be liable in any way for injury, loss, damage or claim of any kind to person or property, whether direct, consequential, or compensatory, regardless of cause.
GOVERNMENT TRAVEL ADVISORY
We strongly recommend, in conjunction with discussion with your travel consultant, that you check the Government “Travel Safe” website for Travel and Health warnings. www.safetravel.govt.nz
SWIM EVENTS – TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND WAIVER:
Swimmers attending Ocean Swim Fiji – May 2024 have the option of swimming a 1km or 3km swim taking place on 28 May 2024 at South Sea Island, 29 May 2024 at Vuda Marina and 30 May 2024 at Malamala Beach Club (Island). All swims will be patrolled by trained lifeguards. Trained medics will also be on-site.
- I understand that I should not compete in these events unless I have trained and prepared appropriately for them, my physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner or I confidently believe that I am sufficiently fit and healthy to compete in this event and that I am able to tread water in a fatigued state for at least two (2) minutes.
- I acknowledge that ocean swimming involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including (but not limited to) overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration and/or accidents with other competitors, interaction with marine life, and collision with structures.
- By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation which could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include Quantum Events Limited and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever and promoters, sponsors and event organisers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representative, and assigns.
- I accept that it is my responsibility to contact the event organisers should any information on my entry form need to be updated e.g. emergency contact details.
- I acknowledge that the event organisers will endeavour to provide a true and accurate course, but the distance may vary due to tidal flows and ocean conditions.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment that the event organisers’ medical staff think is necessary during or after the event if, due to injury, I am unable to provide consent.
- I consent to the event organisers using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for event promotional purposes in any marketing media, social media, official sponsor campaigns and for broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
- I consent to Quantum Events Ltd providing my personal details to a professional photography company if they are contracted by Quantum Events Ltd to take professional photographs of participants at the Event. The contracted company may contact me via email to alert me when photos from the event are available to purchase via their website.
- I understand that safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, event safety briefing) are a service to me but are not a guarantee of safety.
- I accept that I have an important responsibility to listen to all pre-event safety briefings and to immediately seek clarification from an event official on anything which is not entirely clear to me.
- I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
- I agree to abide by all event rules and directions issued by the event organiser.
- I agree to my name and contact details being included on the Quantum Events Ltd event and email database. Event-specific email communications and messages from event partners will be sent to me. I can unsubscribe from this at any time.
- I acknowledge that by reason of circumstances beyond the control of the event organisers, it may become necessary or desirable to change the format of the event, the swim courses or swim locations, and if that occurs, I consent to the changes and I agree that each and every one of the conditions herein set out shall apply to that changed event.
- Due to the committed outgoing costs, if a swim event is cancelled due to any ‘act of God or nature’, strike, lockout, fire, flood, storm, explosion, revolution, riot, act of war, earthquake, landslide, (pan) epidemic, national day of mourning or any other act or event that is beyond our reasonable and foreseeable control, I understand that I will not be entitled to a refund or part refund of the package price paid.
- I hereby certify that I am 16 years of age or older. (See below for younger competitors)
- If I am younger than 16 years of age, I will have these Terms and Conditions viewed and agreed upon by my legal guardian (through the online entry process), which will in effect give consent for me to compete in this event. Children under the age of 16 wanting to compete in this event should have a high level of ability and fitness in their chosen event category. Parental guidance is required.